Ovarian Cancer Community
No ovary, but cramps??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

No ovary, but cramps??

Hi, I swear I have "mentral type" crampy feelings where my right ovary used to be.  I only have one ovary/falopian tube left (left side) - utures & cervix also gone - and currently have complex cyst problems (US scheduled for end of February).  I have these same feelings on the left side,w hich makes more sense.

Can anyone tell me how I can still feel "anything" where there should be nothing?  I suffer from other things too like nightly lower backpain, etc.  But this happens on and off all day...

Just curious??

Thanks, Candy
Hi Candy,

I have the same thing. Only my left ovary is in, but felt like I have cramps

It is a cyst - I am having the left ovary removed on Feb. 5, 2008

Why are they waiting until the end of Feb to do the ultrasound????  Can you move it up?

My cramps felt like uncomfortable pressure, annoying more than pain, but not directly over the ovary I have - it seemed like middle, right, back, vaginal.  

If it is a cyst or something, it can cause pressure in the weirdest places.

One way or the other, I would say get that US moved up.  

Squeeky wheel!    When I first told my doctor, the lady scheduled the US for 3 or 4 weeks out - I took the appointment and went home and said, "What is wrong with me, I'm such a coward."  Called them back and said, "I am not comfortable waiting."  They moved me to a few days from when I called, so I got right in.

I have a 12cm cyst on the ovary they left in.  That's what was wrong.   And at my age - it is just better to remove the ovary
I am going to be 48 soon.  

GOOD Luck, be assertive. You know something is wrong.  Act on it.

Carol
Hi Carol,

So you're having pain on the side where there's no cyst also?  My cyst didn't measure near as large as yours did (4.8 x 2.7 x 3.9cm).  But it's sure giving me a lot of low back aches - always when I lay on my back and sometimes on stomach.  I actually switched GYN because my old doctor didn't think the cysts were anything to worry about, nor causing my pain.  This new GYN does believe it's the cause, but wanted to try to "shrink" the cysts first...which is why the Feb. date...the measurements/complex diagnosis came from a CT scan done Dec. 19.  

I'm not certain what's going on with my body, it's been like a domino effect since my hysterctomy two years ago.  

Thank you so much for responding.  It helps hearing from others.

Candy
Hi Candy,

OH, When was your cyst last measured?  I guess the size is half of mine at this point if you did measure it recently.
From what I read - the trouble with the cysts getting larger is bursting or twisting, which would cut off blood flow.

Some doctors want to try and shrink them if they feel they are managable. But my age - almost 48 - my size - 12 CM - (also had some smaller ones, 2cm 1cm 3cm) that seem to be popping under the pressure of the larger one.   He cauterized one at the office.
The popping or leaking has seemed to have caused a UTI - which is the only reason I went to the doctor -
I was just living with the dull aches and pressure and it only hurt when I peed.  Not the stream of urine -  the inside actually hurt, like the bladder itself?

Well, after the UTI started  RAZOR blades were coming out!  Or at least that's what it felt like.  :~)

If you just had the US - then I see why a follow up at the end of Feb is the next look.

How old are you?

Carol
Hi Carol,

I'm 43.  I started with fibroids on the uterus. Then hemoragic (sp) cysts on the right ovary, and then once all of t hose were gone, just the left ovary and left fallopian tube, and now I have the complicated cyst there...

I read some of these posts and I realize my issues aren't just a paper cut compared to most.  But I was concerned when they said this cyst was complex.  It just blows my mind how women can have such large cysts grow inside them that they're basiclaly unaware of.  12cm is huge.  Were they able to determine how large your cyst was prior to your surgery to remove it?

Candy
Hi, I am having it out on Feb 5, 08

The size is based on what it was when I had the Ultrasound a few weeks ago.  When it comes out, the ultrasound result will be a bit older ----hope it stays the same size!

When he takes it out, I am sure he will measure it and weigh it - pathology, etc...

My CA125 is normal - 13
So, not worried.

Email me if you want!  I think my email shows up on my name? Or send a message or something?

Carol
Hello...sorry to jump in on this talk....I had my left ovary removed on 1/04...and I am currently going through my first period since surgery....Yes...I feel crampy where my ovary USED to be...I'm no doctor, but I feel that also.
Hello...I too am sorry to jump in on this talk...but I had a complete hysterectomy and boh ovaries removed along with debulking and my appendix on Nov 4 2007 and I still have phantom pain on both sides where my ovary were.  My doctor says it is nothing to worry about, my chemo is going well and my numbers are dropping, she said it is like a person who has lost a limb and can still feel it.  I guess some of us are just more sensitive than other.  

PS  I do have more sensation on the left side where the ovarian cancer cyst was

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone.  Makes me feel better.  I kept mentioning the cramps where none should be but never got an answer...it's good to know it is normal!!

Hope everyone is doing well today.  :)

Candy