Ovarian Cancer for years
Hi out there - has anyone had ovarian cancer for years?   I don't seem to have found anyone to date who has the same worries and symptoms as I have.   Maybe I am just lucky to be here but would love to be in touch with someone who has survived recurrent O.C.   I am also on on Broadband but still on dial up connect to internet so only log on once a day and thereore do not enjoy the banter others seem to have.
Look forward to hearing from someone.
Welcome to the site.  There are several brave sisters here who are living with ovca.  I am sure they will be along soon.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Someone help me..I know some here have said the experts say this disease is MANAGED not cured as there are many recurrances.  It seems to be that new recurrances can benefit from newer treatments, thought, too. Many here have several rounds so I'm sure they will chime in with thier stories and encouragement.

Have you posted before? We need to refresh ourselves with your story. I was also gone for surgery for awhile so sorry if I missed you. Good luck and keep the faith. Cindi
Your right it is a managed illness and I have been having mine managed for over eight years now.   The worrying thing at the moment is althought I have been on chemo for over two and a half years and only just stopped to have radiotherapy the enlarged lymph nodes in my neck have not moved one inch, just more appear.   Has this happened to anyone and did you get radiotherapy, this will be my first time.   Till now I have had five different chemotherapies and although they can be rough with the exception of my neck they appear to have worked on the masses in my body.    I was even in remission for threee years after my first session of carboplatim.   Alas none of the others was successful in the respect of remission for more than a couple of months.