Ovarian Cancer Community
Post op laparoscopy surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Post op laparoscopy surgery

How long after a removal of a dermoid cyst (13 cm) do I need to wait before worrying about going to the bathroom? Also why is my stomach numb? Is that normal? What kind of soap do I use while showering?
It took me a week before I went to the bathroom and then I had massive diarrhea. It is important to walk as much as you can to get the gas out and get the bowels moving. I also had my bowel resected since I had Cancer on the bowel and ovaries. I walked in the hospital and then up the block when I got out of the hospital. I do not remember my stomach being numb but it was almost two years ago. I showered with the water hitting my back to protect my incision and used my normal soap. I would ask your nurse to be sure.

Alex
Oh if your super constipated a glove and vaseline can be your best friend after surgery.

Alex