Ovarian Cancer Community
Problems with phlem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Problems with phlem

Hi everyone - Yet another  question - has anyone had problems with phlem (is this how it is spelt?)   I seem to have a build up of phlem but cannot cough it up so have to spit into a tissue (disgusting).   My District Nurse suggested this may have had something to do with the terrible sickness I experienced most of last year.   It seemed to clear up a bit after I finished the last lot of chemo and now it's back - any ideas?
God Bless
Helern Jane
there is an OTC drug for mucas,  Musinex  seems to work pretty well
it is an over the counter   med, hope you can get it there   We did have a great Easter, so full from 2 big meals I can hardly wobble.  
Avatar n tn
Thanks for your comment.   I'm in Scotland - do I need a doctorz prescription or cn it be bought over the counter.   What is it?
Hope you had a lovely Easter, we had a lovely sunny day here.
God Bless
Helen Jane
Avatar n tn
Hi Tandy,
I do recall having something very similiar when I was having my chemo. It felt like I had something in my throat/chest. I tried to cough it up and spit it out - just kept irritating me. I spoke to my oncologist and he said it was a fungal infection which is one of the side effects of the chemo I had. He prescribed antibiotics and it cleared, although it did come back on the next cycle and again I was given antibiotics. I finished my chemo in oct and haven't had any problems since. Speak to your doctor/oncologist.  Good luck.