Problems with phlem
Hi everyone - Yet another  question - has anyone had problems with phlem (is this how it is spelt?)   I seem to have a build up of phlem but cannot cough it up so have to spit into a tissue (disgusting).   My District Nurse suggested this may have had something to do with the terrible sickness I experienced most of last year.   It seemed to clear up a bit after I finished the last lot of chemo and now it's back - any ideas?
God Bless
Helern Jane
there is an OTC drug for mucas,  Musinex  seems to work pretty well
Thanks for your comment.   I'm in Scotland - do I need a doctorz prescription or cn it be bought over the counter.   What is it?
Hope you had a lovely Easter, we had a lovely sunny day here.
God Bless
Helen Jane
it is an over the counter   med, hope you can get it there   We did have a great Easter, so full from 2 big meals I can hardly wobble.  
Hi Tandy,
I do recall having something very similiar when I was having my chemo. It felt like I had something in my throat/chest. I tried to cough it up and spit it out - just kept irritating me. I spoke to my oncologist and he said it was a fungal infection which is one of the side effects of the chemo I had. He prescribed antibiotics and it cleared, although it did come back on the next cycle and again I was given antibiotics. I finished my chemo in oct and haven't had any problems since. Speak to your doctor/oncologist.  Good luck.