Ovarian Cancer Community
Reduction in CA.125.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Reduction in CA.125.....

Hi All... seems the Taxotere/Carb is continuing to work for me. Started off with CA.125 of 7500...now after the 3rd.treatment it's down to 1600. I go for the 4th. tomorrow...then 2 more after that. I doubt if I'll see single digits.. but a 10 or 12 would be fine by me. :-)
I think I may need to put some 'champers' on ice soon. ;-)
I hope everyone is doing well, feeling fine, and the treatments are working good.
Best wishes and hugs...Helmar...
Dear Helmar:

First of all a belated Happy Birthday. And then a big congratulations for that big drop. I pray that you soon will be in remission.

All the best,
Jatoo
great news!.Hope you continue to go down,good luck with the rest of your treatment.Dawn
Wonderful news; congratulations!  May your numbers continue to drop.  Enjoy this time to celebrate!
Judie :)
Hi All... and thankyou for your good wishes. It's a great relief to see those numbers dropping after being so high. I asked the Oncol. 'what's next' after this cycle has been completed, and he said he would look at it when the time was right, but didn't rule out radiotherapy. Will keep you posted on that.
Do hope you are all doing well... and Melody is going along fine too.
Best wishes and hugs....Helmar...
I am so happy for you! There's nothing worse than doing chemo and it doesn't work. You've been through that too much before. This is your lucky combination. Can't wait to hear your results next month. Good luck with next treatment. And if you want to complain of aches, etc. please do so!

My weekly taxol is working slowly but I chose this because I felt this time around I wanted to be gentler on my poor body. In one week it went down 20 points so I think this 4th cycle is going to be better.

Happy Birthday, too. I just had mine on the 12th.
Helen

Greetings Star... and thankyou. That is great news re your daughter too. I bet she looks lovely. Having hair makes a difference. I've been on various chemos for so long, that I think my wig is growing on my head now. :-)
Yes.. I'm pleased with the big reduction in the CA.125. When it reached 7500 I thought I was going where none of us want to go... but I'm a battler, and hanging in.
Best wishes to you and your daughter. She is lucky have a great Mum.  Hugs to you both...Helmar...
Hi Steve...Just tried to send a response to you, but something went wrong.... hope it goes this time.
Just wanted to thankyou for your thoughts re my CA.125 and to say how pleased I am to hear that Vi is doing well also. Hoping and praying for good scan results too. I hope you will drop in and let us know how they are when you can.
Best wishes and hugs...Helmar...
You ladies don't know how good it makes me feel to hear these "happy" stories.  I get a great big smile on my face with every one of the positive ones. Dropped in to my daughters work place today, took her some home made veggie soup, and she is not wearing her cap, scarf now and she looks beautiful. Hair is as she calls it "Platnium", silver streaked blonde about 1 inch long and looks as one of the gals said. distingished. Helmer I am sure I can just see the smiles on your face. I am so pleased to see so many good things happening now with this damn disease, I firmly believe that God is directing those that are trying so hard to help us beat this.  
Great news, keep it up, we all hope for single figures, but still enjoy the continual dropping. Just to up date you on Vi, she also dropping, now down to just over 300 from 4500, just finished 5th cycle. Had all test CAT, PET etc, now waiting to see DR to see whats new, or continue.

Steve
Hi Helen... Thanks for  your good wishes re the birthday... and a belated greeting to you too. Hope you had a great Birthday too. They're precious now eh?
Yes.. I'm VERY happy re the results, as it's been a long road this time, and I'm so thankful that it's working.
That's great news that the Taxol is working for you too. Is this what they term as 'consolidation chemo'... so you will be doing this for a while?
Best wishes for continued success... hugs...Helmar...
So pleased to read your news Helen - You must be very relieved.  It's good to hear that one can go back successfully to Tax/carbo after some time away.  Enjoy celebrating!  Love Jenny
Hi Jenny.. and thanks for your message. Yes, it's great news for me, as it's been a long time coming. Hopefully it will continue to drop, as I've just had treatment 4 a couple of days ago.. and have 2 more to go, so who knows how it will end. Hopefully double digits, as I've never had below 12 before. Reached that with this combination too, so it obviously works well for me.
How are you doing? Everything going well for you?
Sending you hugs....Helen..