Should a cyst be removed?
Need help trying to decide if I should take a wait and see approach or have cyst removed.   Two months ago, had ultrasound and Dr. found a cyst.  She recommended that I come back in two months and have another ultrasound.  The second ultrasound showed that the cyst did not go away but also did not change in size.  I had melonoma over 15 years ago so I'm cautious.  My doctor said cyst appears that it has some hard tissue, not just fluid and is about 1.2 cm in size.  Had blood test also, and it can back negative.  My doctor will either remove the cyst to ease my mind or wait another 2 months for ultrasound.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
a cyst of 1.2cm is small, I am surprised that with no change in the cyst the doctor is willing to remove it. I do not believe there is any connection between melonoma and OvCa.  You had a blood test for what???  There is no blood test to diagnosis OvCa....a CA125, is not a diagnostic tool, but, a tool used in conjunction with other tests, which sometimes include a biospy to determine if the mass is cancerous or not.  

The women on the cyst forum might be better able to respond to your questions.

Remember, most cysts, well over 95 percent are benign.  OvCa is considered a relatively rare disease.  There are also symptoms that exist, change in bowel habits, tenderness or pain in the abdomin, bloated, feeling of fullness, fatigue, indigestion.  September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.  Please share the symptoms with everyone you know and urge them to see a gyn if they persist more then 2 weeks.  Help us spread the word.

Good luck to you.
The only connection with with ovca and melonoma that I know of is if ovca is a result of endometriosis as mine was , I am now apparently at risk of lymphoma , melanoma and breast cancer . This is a rare form of ovca my oncologist tells me  just 5% . The cyst you have is very small and they are not usually removed until they reach 5cm or more , many cysts resolve on their own after a couple of menstrual cycles and as said in the above posts 95% are benign.

Best wishes Angie