Ovarian Cancer Community
Sudden severe ovary pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden severe ovary pain

I am 32 and have dealt with ovarian cysts for over 12 years now. I have never in my life had a regular period. I have had surgery twice to remove cysts that wouldn't go away and were bothersome. I have also had endometriosis that they saw during surgery and got that taken care of that day. I will sometimes experience pain in what feels like is in my ovaries but it normally goes away within a few minutes. I have just come to terms with the fact that I will be dealing with this until menopause and I don't let me bother me. Well, yesterday afternoon I started hurting a little like normal but the pain kept progressing through the day. Again, I didn't let it bother me or ruin my day. Last night after my husband and I had sex (hurt worse than normal during sex this time) I was in excruciating pain. I have never ever in my life had pain like this anywhere and I have passed kidneys. This was much worse than passing a kidney. I was crying and screaming and couldn't walk or move because it would hurt worse. I have passed 3 kidney stones at the same time once and didn't cry. I have never felt pain like this. I ended up taking something to knock me out because I couldn't move or get up to go to the hospital and I wouldn't let my husband pick me up, it hurt way too bad. When I woke up this morning the pain wasn't as bad as it was last night but I still hurt. It hurts to move and hurts even when I am still but not near as bad as it was last night. It's tolerable now. It feels extremely sore too. I hate going to the dr or hospital. I don't have health insurance either and so they normally don't run the tests I need because it's too costly. I feel it would be a wasted trip. I just would like to know what is going on with me. Can someone please give me an idea of what could be going on with me? Thank you!
3 Comments
Blank
I am not a doctor, but I am responding to this because I had symptoms similar to this once.  Within a few days, I started vomiting and couldn't stop.  As it turned out, it was an ovarian torsion and they had to remove one of my ovaries or the outcome could have been fatal.  I hope you get to a doctor soon that can make sure this is not the case.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_torsion
Blank
5138647 tn?1364235935
Thank you so much for your response. I have never heard of that but I am definitely going to check it out. Everything I read about Ovarian cysts didn't help me because some of the symptoms matched.  
Blank
5138647 tn?1364235935
I just looked it up and my symptoms match, which scares me because I the only way to treat it is through surgery. I will call a dr as soon as their office opens today. Thanks again. You may have saved my life.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources