Ovarian Cancer Community
Sudden severe ovary pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Sudden severe ovary pain

I am 32 and have dealt with ovarian cysts for over 12 years now. I have never in my life had a regular period. I have had surgery twice to remove cysts that wouldn't go away and were bothersome. I have also had endometriosis that they saw during surgery and got that taken care of that day. I will sometimes experience pain in what feels like is in my ovaries but it normally goes away within a few minutes. I have just come to terms with the fact that I will be dealing with this until menopause and I don't let me bother me. Well, yesterday afternoon I started hurting a little like normal but the pain kept progressing through the day. Again, I didn't let it bother me or ruin my day. Last night after my husband and I had sex (hurt worse than normal during sex this time) I was in excruciating pain. I have never ever in my life had pain like this anywhere and I have passed kidneys. This was much worse than passing a kidney. I was crying and screaming and couldn't walk or move because it would hurt worse. I have passed 3 kidney stones at the same time once and didn't cry. I have never felt pain like this. I ended up taking something to knock me out because I couldn't move or get up to go to the hospital and I wouldn't let my husband pick me up, it hurt way too bad. When I woke up this morning the pain wasn't as bad as it was last night but I still hurt. It hurts to move and hurts even when I am still but not near as bad as it was last night. It's tolerable now. It feels extremely sore too. I hate going to the dr or hospital. I don't have health insurance either and so they normally don't run the tests I need because it's too costly. I feel it would be a wasted trip. I just would like to know what is going on with me. Can someone please give me an idea of what could be going on with me? Thank you!
I am not a doctor, but I am responding to this because I had symptoms similar to this once.  Within a few days, I started vomiting and couldn't stop.  As it turned out, it was an ovarian torsion and they had to remove one of my ovaries or the outcome could have been fatal.  I hope you get to a doctor soon that can make sure this is not the case.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_torsion
Thank you so much for your response. I have never heard of that but I am definitely going to check it out. Everything I read about Ovarian cysts didn't help me because some of the symptoms matched.  
I just looked it up and my symptoms match, which scares me because I the only way to treat it is through surgery. I will call a dr as soon as their office opens today. Thanks again. You may have saved my life.