Thick walled septate cyst - results
Hello everyone,

I posted way down the page a few weeks ago with my concerns about a large thick walled septated cyst. I had the laparotomy operation on 1st April during which they removed my left ovary and drilled the right one as that was large and cystic too. I am yet to see the specialist for the full run down but I got a letter yesterday to say that the histology showed 'nothing to worry about'. I wanted to post this to give support to others going through the same worrying time. I also wanted to thank Mickeyvicki for your kind words and support on my last post. Good luck to everyone who is going through anything like this

M
I am so glad to read this news.  I was beginning to worry that no news meant bad news.  I hope the work done on your remaining ovary solves the cyst problems on that ovary.
hi. yesterday 4/14/05 i was told i have a right septated cyst in my ovary. i was reffered to an ob-gyn. i seen him today.He tried to palpate the cyst.Yet, he said it might be to small. Then he told me to see him in 2 weeks. He will give birth control then. He also ordered some labs:cbc,creatine and serum.i'm afraid for it to be cancerous or to prevent me from having children. i have never been pregnant. i'm 28years old.any test they did on you i might ask my doctor for? thank you.
I Am 22 years olds and I have no pain or strange bleeding. I thought my doctor was paranoid when she sent me form a trans-vaginal U/S b/c she "had a bad feeling," but i just recieved the u/s results & the doctor informed me that I have a large complex ovarian cyst (thick walled septate). She is sending me to a gyno specializing in such problems--any adivce on what to ask? possible treatment options? is this type of cyst more likely to be malignant!?? thanks