I found this on a website tonight when I was looking up cancer jokes. Why was I looking up cancer jokes? Because this is a serious disease, but every now and then, you have to laugh at it, or the bitterness will eat you up before the cancer has a chance to get you. It doesn matter if you are still in treatment, or through it...we are all survivors. I hope this gives you a little chuckle!
Top Ten Ways To Know You Are A Cancer Survivor
10 Your alarm clock goes off at 6 a.m. and you're glad to hear it.
9. Your mother-in-law invites you to lunch and you just say NO.
8. You're back in the family rotation to take out the garbage.
7. When you no longer have an urge to choke the person who says, "all you need to beat cancer is the right attitude."
6. When your dental floss runs out and you buy 1000 yards.
5. When you use your toothbrush to brush your teeth and not comb your hair.
4. You have a chance to buy additional life insurance but you buy a new convertible car instead.
3. Your doctor tells you to lose weight and do something about your cholesterol and you actually listen.
2. When your biggest annual celebration is again your birthday, and not the day you were diagnosed.
1. When you use your Visa card more than your hospital parking pass.
I think I can "tweak" No. 2......as my birthday is approaching my daughter called and asked what we had planned. I told her her Dad has had the flu this week and that we'd be celebrating my b'day another day. I told her that once you've had cancer you can do whatever you want, and this year I thought I'd change my birthday and celebrate it on March 8th instead of the 2nd. There was total silence at the other end of the phone. She said, "Who made up that rule". I said, "I did".........she sighed and hung up (LOL)
Better not mess with us warriors!
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.