Ovarian Cancer Community
Top 10 Ways to Know You Are a Cancer Survivor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I found this on a website tonight when I was looking up cancer jokes.  Why was I looking up cancer jokes?  Because this is a serious disease, but every now and then, you have to laugh at it, or the bitterness will eat you up before the cancer has a chance to get you.  It doesn matter if you are still in treatment, or through it...we are all survivors.  I hope this gives you a little chuckle!  

Gail

Top Ten Ways To Know You Are A Cancer Survivor

10 Your alarm clock goes off at 6 a.m. and you're glad to hear it.
9. Your mother-in-law invites you to lunch and you just say NO.
8. You're back in the family rotation to take out the garbage.
7. When you no longer have an urge to choke the person who says, "all you need to beat cancer is the right attitude."
6. When your dental floss runs out and you buy 1000 yards.
5. When you use your toothbrush to brush your teeth and not comb your hair.
4. You have a chance to buy additional life insurance but you buy a new convertible car instead.
3. Your doctor tells you to lose weight and do something about your cholesterol and you actually listen.
2. When your biggest annual celebration is again your birthday, and not the day you were diagnosed.
1. When you use your Visa card more than your hospital parking pass.
Love it; Oh so true :)
Love it!! Thanks Gail!
You made my day! Thanks!
I absolutely LOVE No. 2..so very true!  I don't put up with **** anymore!!!!!
Sorry...I meant No. 9
I think I can "tweak" No. 2......as my birthday is approaching my daughter called and asked what we had planned. I told her her Dad has had the flu this week and that we'd be celebrating my b'day another day.  I told her that once you've had cancer you can do whatever you want, and this year I thought I'd change my birthday and celebrate it on March 8th instead of the 2nd. There was total silence at the other end of the phone.  She said, "Who made up that rule".  I said, "I did".........she sighed and hung up (LOL)
Better not mess with us warriors!