Urinary Tract infections
Been getting UTI's quite often while on chemo.  Anyone else having the same?
So far I haven't. The chemo and steroids make us more susceptible. The basics are more important now;  Drink plenty of water, cranberry juice is very good, if you are not on a blood thinner, don;t wait to go once you feel the urge, wipe front to back, avoid feminine products.   Best wishes
I had a UTI every month after my treatment.....actually almost 15 total. I was susceptible to them long before my dx, and the chemo and steeroid just made me more vulnerable.  Drink plenty of water, cranberry juice, etc......they are draining! I still continue to get them now that I have completed treatment.  I am seeing a great urologist who does not seem worried about it, just very frustrated that no matter what I take (macrodantin prophylactally (sp?), it just doesn't seem to do any good. Wishing you healthy days ahead.  Judie :)
Leslee's stopped with lots of water and cranberry capsules.  Daily before and after chemo and where she used to have them , she no longer does.
Thanks for all your help,  will try them all.