Ovarian Cancer Community
abdominal pain during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

abdominal pain during sex

last night, when my husband and i made love, i was having abdominal pain during sex. kind of like a bad cramping everytime he went inward. on march 6th, i had a laparoscopy to remove an ovarian cyst as you all know i am sure by all my questions before. but i doubt that could be why it hurt last night because i have had sex before last night and i didnt feel that pain. what do you think it is. and when i went pee in the morning, it kind of felt uncomfortable. not too bad where it hurt thought. any suggestions what this could be will really help. thank you guys,
vista
Hi Vista,
     Hopefully, this is an isolated event and will not reoccur but call your GYN if it does, especcially if you should start spotting or anything.  OUCH!  MV
Just by your description...I am thinking a possible urinary tract infection..I had one once and it can come from sex.  It could hurt or burn when you pee and could also give you an uncomfortable feeling..check with your doctor and have them do a urine sample...I have friends who have gotten them and never knew they had it. so the symptoms can vary..I had one so severe I went to the ER! Don't wait too long to get it checked. Feel Better
I had a large ovarian cyst in December.  Then during sex in February I became doubled over in pain and went to the ER.  It was another cyst.  Doctors said that by "bumping" the cyst it can cause some fluid to leak out which causes the excruiating pain.  The pain when you go to the bathroom could be a UTI or just from pressure from a full bladder releasing off your ovary.  
but i had my cyst removed last month. and the pain during sex isnt the cyst type of pain which i used to have. this time, its like cramping. and it doesnt bother me at all . just that one time during sex it did. i saw my doctor today and she said they have to schedule a pelvic ultrasound.