bloating and cramping
I'm 50 and past menopause...hysterectomy 5 yrs. ago.  I still have ovaries.  For some time now I've had problems with stomach bloating for no reason...has nothing to do with when I eat. I can have an empty stomach and it just begins to cramp and bloat and gets distended and full of gas.  Also have pelvic cramps often, that feel like menstrual cramps only deeper and make me feel sick.  Lately I've had a sour stomach a lot. What is the chance that these could be signs of ovarian cancer?  And what is my risk.  There is none in my family but there is a history of breast cancer.
who really knows..go to your ob/gyn and get a checkup
I have sometimes suffered the same symptoms that you describe - gas, pressure, bloating, stomach discomfort -  and my condition is associated with the over-development of stomach acids when I am hungry but not able to eat (travel, work, etc.)  OTC antiacids help greatly, as does drinking a large glass of water at the first onset of the symptoms.

However, it is my  understanding that there can be a correlation between familial breast cancers and ovarian cancers, and I think that you should follow Macci's advice and schedule an appointment with your doctor.
Consider food allergy testing.  Blood tests. I am post-menopause.  Noticed bloated stomach by the end of the day.  Embarrassing gas.  Figured it was just age.  Had the blood tests for food allergies.  Discovered some low allergies...one even to lettuce!  Tested it...and sure enough, within 15 minutes of eating a salad..there was the discomfort.  Who would have thought? It is only necessary to eliminate the offending foods for a couple months, then reintroduce on a rotation basis.  Also, ask about screening for celiac disease.  Wheat/gluten sensitivity.  Important considerations that dr.'s don't always think about.
I am currently eliminating dairy and legumes per the testing.  Chocolate, too. (it comes from a "bean.") No gas or bloating. I was grateful that it was something so simple.
Thanks.  I do have an appt. scheduled for a physical in May.  While waiting I'm just looking into all of the possibilities so that when I go I will know what to discuss with her.  

I have thought of getting tested for food allergies.  It seems when I am sticking to a lower carb diet I feel better. For the last 3 days I've been not cutting out bread but cutting way down to only about a slice of diet bread a day.  So who knows?  I've got more energy too.

But the cramping is what really gets me...it's like menstrual cramps...not gas cramps.  Way different, and a deep down pain.  Well I guess I'll find out when I have my exam.

Checking in to see if Gigi has any news about her cramping.

I get a routine annual vaginal ultrasound since losing my mother to ovarian cancer 30 years ago.  I am always watching for symptoms -of which bloating can be one.

The discovery of the food allergy helped me with this issue and I have been following a strict no flour/wheat diet for a few weeks now.

I am hoping Gigi's dr. does both...the blood test for food allergy but very importantly..the ultrasound.  
What have you learned about the cramping, Gigi?