Ovarian Cancer Community
blood in my wee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

blood in my wee

hi every one. i posted a question a few days ago and told yous all about my symptoms with my complex cyst. now theres more, i woke this morning , went to the toilet for wees, something didnt look right, so when i went again a few mins later i caught it in a container, and you can clearly see its mix with blood, is this normal with a comlex cyst. lucky i have a doctors appointment today.... im a bit worried... mairi
This can be indicative of a bladder or kidney infection.

Linda
i would like to think it was an infection, but i no it cant be, as i was just tested for that a week ago and givin antibiotics just to be on the safe side. thats why this has worried me so much. but thanks for replying to me. well off to the docs in an hour, so will let you no what she thinks.... boy oh boy i hit the old age of 46 and the body is just falling apart lol
blood in urine can be from a benign nature, but it must be checked out due to it's potential to be more serious.
Tell me about it sister....I am 46 also!  But I have decided that age will not be a factor.  I have started my walking again (I had stopped after my sx in dec '05 to remove 2 softball sized dermoids along with my left ovary and 90% of my right ovary and now I am 7 weeks post op tvh) and am up to 1 1/2 miles per day.  Taking my vitamins and minerals and eating better and to tell you the truth feeling better than I have in years!!!  Let us know what the dr. says today...sounds like you may have an infection.
~Tascha

hello my name is kristine and iam 27 and a mother of 3 girls nad iam new to this area!!

I am having the same problems with my body and i have blood in my  
urine and have alot of pain in my overies i had a hysterectomy a year and a half ago and in the last 3 months or so i have been experincing these pains in my overies and not sure what is causeing it!!!
well saw the doctor, and she said not to wait for the next scan, she refered me to a specialist, but i couldnt get an appointment for 2 months, so i rang my doctor back up and told her this, well she said thats not good enough, so she is ringing them to speed things up, im now waiting for them to ring me to find out when i can be seen. i forgot to mention before as well as the 4 cm complex cyst i also had a 4cm fibroid in my utrus, so im wondering if that could be the cause of the blood in my wee. there was no blood today. but my lower back pain is getting worse. will let you know when i get my appointment
that's weird.  the posting list shows a second post from me, but it doesn't really seem to be there.  oh well, sorry if this eventually winds up as a duplicate!

it sounds like BOTH of you need to follow up on the blood in your urine.  most of the time it's due to a benign reason (infection, kidney stone, etc.), but there is always a SMALL chance there is a kidney or bladder lesion or tumor.  i don't think a cyst can cause blood in urine.  please see your primary or an urologist for follow-up.  the worst they will do is a scope of your bladder.  i had it done yesterday for the same problem - pelvic pain with microscopic blood in my urine (it wasn't visible to the eye!).  scary to think about, but great when you get the all-clear!  even though it's probably nothing serious, it always better to find out for sure and nip any potential problem while it's small.  best wishes...
susan
BOTH of you ladies need to seek medical attention due to blood in your urine.  while it can be entirely benign, such as infection or stones, it can be more serious.  you really need to see your fp or an urologist.
the fibroid could cause the lower back pain, but probably not the blood in the urine.  that comes from somewhere in the urinary tract.  glad to hear you're doctor is going to bat for you!  maybe it's just from some inflammation?

i was woundering if anyone knows if when you get a a growth on your ovarie if that could cause blood in urine??? and alot of pain???
i have blood in my wee and my stomach has doubled in size in the last month!!!! its growing by the day!!!!...am so worried! cannottget docs app with my own gp till next weds!!! need a smear too.... does anyone kno,or had these symptoms?? and do u thionk im getting myself worked up over nothing??

thanx zoe...
When you have blood in your urine, the best thing is to get it checked out. I have blood in my urine all the time, they found nothing causing it. I can pretty much tell when I have alot of blood in my urine it happens so often. But this could be a serious condition so get it checked out. The stomach issue needs to be checked out also. When I had mine checked out they did a CT and X-rays. Then the scope of the bladder. Good Luck.

Remember the smear only checks for cervical cancer.