carboplatin and doxil question
I am going to start chemo soon, with carboplatin and doxil.  With the first treatment of carboplatin and taxol I got very tired 3 days after the treatment.  Does anyone know if the same thing occurs with this combination?  I am going back to work the day after my treatment and all my sick days are gone, so I need an idea of what to expect.  Thanks
Hello.. I've had Carbo/Taxotere in combination, and Doxil as a single agent. Both worked well for me, but I found I had fatigue with the Carbo/Tax. whereas with Doxil the only bad side affect I had was mouth ulcers. Some ladies do get the sore hands/feet but I didn't have that. Of course, we are all different in how we respond to the various treatments, so I suppose it's all 'trial and error'. I hope this works well for you, and hopefully the side affects will be minimal.
Wishing you all the best....Helmar...
Can you go back to work part time. Is that feasible? See if they can work it out. When I went back to work after my first line treatment, I worked to 2:00 everyday.

I know you just had that surgery. How are you doing after that--getting your strength back and now you'll be zapped with chemo. You just have to know that Doxil seems to make you heat intolerant. Watch out for friction. If you walk get a size bigger sneaker. I messed up my toes last year.

Wishing you good luck with this combination. I just did single chemo Doxil last year but have heard since that this combination is good.