cervical myoma & complex cyst
I am 47 unmarried and have never had children. My Gyn gave me this report and wanted to do a D&C in a hospital and then lazer to make everything smooth. I was in shock and really dont understand this sonogram report below--could I have cancer.  I told her I was afraid and she said she can just do a biospy in her office. I think i need a second opinion. Gyn was concerned with cervical myoma and wants to remove. Pap smear was neg.
uterus 10.4 x 6.4 x4.9  
Left-sided amterior intramural myoma 1.8 X 1.6 X 1.5
posterior cervical exophytic myoma 2.6 X 3.2 X 1.7
endometrium normal thickness .08
left ovary 3 x 2.2 X 1.8   right 2.6 X 3.2 X 1.6
thick walled complex cyst with peripheral Vascularity 2 x 1.5 x1 on right ovary and 1.4 x 1.6 x 1.3 on left ovary.
the report also said there id no free pelvic fluid
A myoma is a benign tumor also called a fibroid, cervical ones are rare according to the Merck Manual on-line that I just googled.  I don't understand the lazar treatment.  She can do an endometrial biopsy in the office, uncomfortable, not very painful (at least for me).  You have a cyst on each ovary and the complex means that they have more than fluid in them, they have more than one component.  Complex cysts are usually benign, however they could be cancer.  I would go for a second opinion with a Gyn/Onc, not because I think it is cancer, but because if it is, they are the ones you want to do your surgery.  They have 3 additional years in treating our problems, and operating on women.  This is more that the regular gyn.  It also seems to me, she was more concerned with the myoma's than the cysts.  Did she suggest another ultrasound in 6 weeks?  Go to the Gyn/Onc for another opinion.  Good luck  keep us posted.
Marie
Thanks you Marie. I will schedule today with gyn/onc-- hopefully isurance will allow. I have a new insurance starting Dec1 (have to pay in full myself) with a better list of doctors. Current insurance is very limited. Gyn scheduled me for another sono in 2 months. My gut feeling tells me not to trust my GYN --get the feeling she has problems. I am so scared both my grandmothers died in their fourtys in europe as did their mothers---i have been unable to find the cause as most of the records are destroyed.
gyn wants to do a D&C in her office next week.
I just scheduled a second ultrasound from a different radiologist as the first one was done a week before my period this one will be 2 days after my period stops.
I am having trouble booking onc/gyn.
Should I let gyn do d&C or wait for onc/gyn?
Wait for a gyn/oncologist......don't take any chances with your future.....rmarie is right...definately go to a specialist for treatment.  This is exactly what a gyn/oncologist is trained for.
Peace.
dian