Ovarian Cancer Community
complex septated cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

complex septated cyst

Well, I had my surgery on Wednesday.  Based on my ultrasounds, they had expected to find a simple cyst that would easily be removed from my ovary.  Instead, they found a complex, septated cyst that was deeply tied into the ovary.  They ended up removing the whole thing (ovary included).  Now I am waiting for the pathology report.  The nurse told me that the report is available in the computer system, but that today is my doctor's day off, so I may have to wait until Monday to find out what it says (arggh!)  I am nervous because I understand that a complex cyst is more likely to be cancerous than a simple one.  Can anyone give me any info about this?  

Kristen
I had two complex cysts removed a couple years ago and they were completely benign, but everyone's situation is different.  Stats say, though, that 99% are benign so the odds are in your favor.  Best of Luck....
I know your fear and it is awful to have to wait.  I had what they thought were three complex cysts which turned out to be dermoid cysts removed last December.  They were all benign.  Hang in there.  99% are benign.  No matter the outcome we are there for you.  In the meantime, just enjoy your beautiful child.

Praying for you,
Lisa
Ooops!  I mixed up your question with another similar question.  That is why I said enjoy your child.  I apologize for the mistake.  

Just rest and relax.

Lisa
How big was your cyst? And I am curious that if they called it a simple cyst why it was removed. I am new to this and have 2 small (2cm) simple cysts that they tell me are nothing to worry about and normal for my age. This is all so complicated.
My surgery was on Wed too 2/14. My cysts were 2 cm and 3 cm but they mergered into one cyst recently before the surgery. Because of the margin or something, my doctor needed to remove the entire ovary, instead of just the cyst. I am still in the recovery period. I don't take any medication & have no pain (some pains if I stretch or hit the incisions' areas). My doc said it looked benign but I am still waiting for the biosy's result to confirm.

My throat is still sore, and i still have some sticky muscus from my lung. I need to cough to get them out. So, i can breath easier. This gives me a hard time at nigh time. Does there anyone has the same symtom?

I was bleeded for 3 days. Now, i have only some yellow fluid discharge from my vagina. Thanks