complex septated cyst
Well, I had my surgery on Wednesday.  Based on my ultrasounds, they had expected to find a simple cyst that would easily be removed from my ovary.  Instead, they found a complex, septated cyst that was deeply tied into the ovary.  They ended up removing the whole thing (ovary included).  Now I am waiting for the pathology report.  The nurse told me that the report is available in the computer system, but that today is my doctor's day off, so I may have to wait until Monday to find out what it says (arggh!)  I am nervous because I understand that a complex cyst is more likely to be cancerous than a simple one.  Can anyone give me any info about this?  

Kristen
I had two complex cysts removed a couple years ago and they were completely benign, but everyone's situation is different.  Stats say, though, that 99% are benign so the odds are in your favor.  Best of Luck....
I know your fear and it is awful to have to wait.  I had what they thought were three complex cysts which turned out to be dermoid cysts removed last December.  They were all benign.  Hang in there.  99% are benign.  No matter the outcome we are there for you.  In the meantime, just enjoy your beautiful child.

Praying for you,
Lisa
Ooops!  I mixed up your question with another similar question.  That is why I said enjoy your child.  I apologize for the mistake.  

Just rest and relax.

Lisa
How big was your cyst? And I am curious that if they called it a simple cyst why it was removed. I am new to this and have 2 small (2cm) simple cysts that they tell me are nothing to worry about and normal for my age. This is all so complicated.
My surgery was on Wed too 2/14. My cysts were 2 cm and 3 cm but they mergered into one cyst recently before the surgery. Because of the margin or something, my doctor needed to remove the entire ovary, instead of just the cyst. I am still in the recovery period. I don't take any medication & have no pain (some pains if I stretch or hit the incisions' areas). My doc said it looked benign but I am still waiting for the biosy's result to confirm.

My throat is still sore, and i still have some sticky muscus from my lung. I need to cough to get them out. So, i can breath easier. This gives me a hard time at nigh time. Does there anyone has the same symtom?

I was bleeded for 3 days. Now, i have only some yellow fluid discharge from my vagina. Thanks