Ovarian Cancer Community
dangers of bowel resection and endo
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dangers of bowel resection and endo

Just wondering if anyone has ever had bowel resection before.  I am told i should have the surgery but I am at a higher risk due to bowel surgery 20 yrs ago.  Just wondering if i should wait and what are the risks if i dont
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
Hi there, I think we need more info.  Why did you have the bowel resection in the past and why do you need it again?
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
previous surgery was for intussesption.  i am not sure of the spelling.  my intestines twisted or when inside out.  It happens to boys when they are 2 and I was 10.  They also removed my appendix
Blank
167426_tn?1254089835
Boy do I know abour Bowel resections.   First my hubby had one although he ended up with a colostomy because his large intestine became twisted and he hemmoraged.  Son had 8 feet removed because of a necrotic bowel, he did fine, has normal stools  and eats what he wants. Daughter , along with her Ovaian CA complete removal, had a partial bowel resection, she is still into chemo and takes a stool softener daily.  Every one has a lot of intestine and it stretchs nicely and when they do an anastamosis it usually works just fine. You didn't say what youir previous bowel surgery was for.
Blank
Hi there, I would make sure to ask your doctor if the benefits outweigh the risks.  And you know, I would even ask for a second opinion from another doctor.  When it comes to something that is elective, but the doctor is recommending it, I think the more opinions, the better.  Good luck.  Merytre
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank