Ovarian Cancer Community
decrease/no blood flow to ovary u/s,torison?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hello,hoping to get some insightI had to go er sat  for severe pelvic pain (its been chronic with complex cysts for a year among other symptoms) had  tv/ultrasound ,they said they couldnt detect any blood flow on left ovary and it was not visible.No cysts showed up.but the pain was right sided,ovary area (it isnt appendix,had that out last yr) but to describe it,felt like appendicitis.I have mild cramping pain on left side but not at severe as right side,ectopic preg ruled out with urine/blood test, that was their first concern,and dr said twisted ovary is unlikely cuz I'd have more symptoms,but since ovary wasnt visible is it possible that torison was missed? I'm worried and in ALOT of pain with nausea,but the pain has never been this severe.Any input appreciated,thank you!
                      Stephanie
Tags: bowel
Hi Stephanie , have the doctors ruled out endometriosis as this causes severe  pelvic pain and often complex cysts develop with this condition , Im not sure about a torsion of the ovary but would say that if you are uneasy and feel that this could be possible go to the ER . I suffered horrible pain with endometriosis  among other symptoms the pain alone made me feel sick at times . Hope you get this sorted out asap .
Take care love Angie xx
hey Stephanie - Is been awhile since you posted!! Thinking of you and sorry you are still going through this!! I had endo and it caused alot of pressure, pain and nausea also. Maybe ask your doctor to give you a ct-scan as that is what first detected my cysts...A torsion is known to be extremely painful and if you are in that much pain you should go back to ER!!! Sometimes we have to be our own Doctors!!! Keep me posted!! Love, Gia :)
Hi! ty both for your replies.I had laparscopy in aug 06 to look for endo but no evidence.New gyno says its possible it was missed or "hidden" and wants to do another lap but not sure when.My family dr theory is adhesions from appendix surgery which was open and appendix did rupture,last yr.I was also in hospital in Sept for partial small bowel blockage which if I remember right,endo can cause that..and adhesions.I did have 3 surgeries within the yr (lap,appendix and gallbladder) I have horrible pain with pelvic/rectal pressure/leg pain and other problems.It really hurts to move or walk,and its my 30th b-day! and I been in bed,its a stabbing/sharp pain..driving me nuts!!
                 Gia,how you been? I had to take a break from net and researching my symptoms,it was getting to frustrating,and its a year later and no idea.Time to go pig out on bday cake and nap!
                               Stephanie
I am having the same symptoms. Went to the ER for pelvic pain on right side. My ultrasound showed low bloodflow to left ovary but my pain is more on the right side. I sometimes get sharp pains near my right belly button. All blood tests came back ok. Urine Ok. Minor UTI but that is not what was casuing the pain. Please et me know if you have found out because the CAT showed nothing. This has been ongoing now for 4months.
Tam
Hi,hope you get this message I havent checked mail for awhile.I had laparscopy 2 weeks ago and they find endometriosis literally "glued" my small bowel and large bowel together..major adhesions. I just got back from er for worsening pain but test's are all normal..guess its post op pain.Good luck to u,
                                              Stephanie