Ovarian Cancer Community
diagnosed with ovarian cyst should i be worried?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

hi all -- im 2 months preg and i just went in for an ultrasound because ive been having bad lower stomach pain on my right side - i think my doc was worried about a tubal preg.  anyway - he gives me the ultrasound and he finds a 4mm cyst on my right ovary -- he kind of blew it of and said it was normal and then he checked the baby - which he said was fine.  before i left i asked him if there was any chance this was cancerous he said no these are benign cysts and fairly common and they will go away on there own -- im just alittle worried that it oculd be something worse??  should i be worried?? or is there anyother questions i should ask next month at my next baby check? thanks for reading and for your help
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Simple cysts (fluid-filled) are quite comment, and come and go as they please.  Yours is very small as well.

if it were larger, and complex (containing both liquid and solid parts) - then there might be something to worry about.

i believe you and baby will be just fine :)
Hi, i think your doctor is correct. Try not to worry, and watch this cyst.

I currently have 8 cysts on my right ovary, largest at only 9mm. Honestly, that is not big at all and i think most docs believe that we can't feel them that small, however , i knew from day one that i had cysts, i could feel them...lol

I have been given the go ahead to ttc via clomid/IUI by both the fertility doctor, and my OB, so im guessing that they donn't worry to much about it.

I think  it is usually either related to hormones, which then indeed it will disolve, or to when the follicles get so full of eggs that it grows (which is normal process) and then since u r so early in pregnancy that the follicle has just not settled down yet.

Please try not to worry, pregnancy is a wonderful thing and it should be enjoyed.... post an update when u have your next u/s.
i agree with everyone it is normal to have small cysts. i had a cyst removed when i was 3 months pregnant, this was a demoid cyst however it was the size of a grapefruit, it was picked up on an ultasound scan. the doctor will moitor any changes on your ultrasound checks so try not to worry.