Ovarian Cancer Community
having surgery friday and i have a cold

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

having surgery friday and i have a cold

hey guys, just a quick question, im having ovary removed friday and possible tha. i am just now  starting to get over my cold, i had a sinus infection, im still a little stuffy but i still have 5 days.think ill be ok?, also not sure why doc thinks it will be a 203 day stay hes not do laser but through incision.any suggestions? thanks kathy
Hey Kathy
I posted with a similar question last weekend!  Try taking lots of Airborne and drink a ton of oj and water! That seemed to be the trick for me.  I was over my cold within days.  I did not want to post pone my surgery.

I went to my dr. two days before the surgery and she said I seemed well enough. You might want to call the dr. Wednesday if you are still feeling icky and ask them.
The dr. nurse and anesthesiologist will double check you at the hospital if you are concerned.  
Good luck with the surgery.  If you aren't feeling well, you definately don't want to go through with the surgery.  Recovery itself will take a lot out of you so you don't want to be sick on top of it. Plus it will hurt to sneeze, cough, blow your nose becuz of the surgery.  You throat will most likely be very sore because of the tube they put down your throat, a cold would just worsen it.

Take care & hope your "bug" goes away!

Becca
thanks for youer input, my lungs feel fine, i mean i have no chest congestion at all its all been in my head  and i do feel so much better, and i also do not want to post pone my surgery well ill keep up the fluids and prayill be fine but as long as they check me at hospital i should be ok i never =even had a cough with this cold,and i did have the chest x ray last week thanks a bunch kathy
That Zicam works wonders for the on set of cold. I took that plus a little DayQuil last week, and I was fine by Friday. Too bad that it doesn't work on the pain in the lower regine though.