Ovarian Cancer Community
hydrosalpinx

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

hydrosalpinx

Does anyone know anything about hydrosalpinx????
The gyn mentioned it could be a possibility because it is sausage shaped and large (12cm) (the CT stated possible ovarian neoplasm)...but when I try to find info on the net about hydrosalpinx , the most I can find about it is that it is fluid in the fallopian tube, it mimics a cyst and usually occurs in women from sexually transmitted diseases (that leaves me out) or women who have had their tubes tied..that leaves me out again.  I had a partial abdominal hysterctomy...so could that have made me a canidate for hydrosalpinx...it also states that it is usually symptomless..I have symptoms, nausea, pain, etc. When the gyn mentioned it, she did not seem like she believed that diagnosis either...I am trying to read up on everything I can so I am prepared with their terminology!
i had hydrosalpinx when i was 19,,,i complained of pain for a while and they said it was in my head,,,the dr could never feel anything or see anything on the ultrasound...i had my second ectopic pregnancy and thats when they found it,,,one end of the tube becomes infected and closes up and the fluid that normally flows through the fallopian tube is trapped so the tube becomes larger untill it can finally burst....if you have that then that tube is damaged for good.
I am 25 yr old.  I also was dx with a hydrasalpinx a couple of months ago.  Before then I only had lower back pain on my left side.  I started experiencing frequent pelvic pain on the side where they saw the hydrosalpinx.  My GYN told me that he did not think it was causing the pain, but I dont agree with him.  The pain is concentrated from the inside out and it burns. I have no STDs either. My doc says he does not want to remove the tube(thinks I am too young), but I think it has alot to do with why I am getting sicker.  I am always nauseous and am suddenly lactose intolerant.  Please let me know what was done to your hydrosalpinx.  I am supposed to have a laparoscopy in a couple of weeks and I think I am going to ask my doc to remove the tube.
hi!  i was originally told from us and cat scan that i had a complex ovarian cyst. when i had follow up us at gyno office she said didn't see cyst but fluid in tube which can cause alot of pain and sometimes is mistaken for complex ovarian cyst.  i am 47 and had tubes tied, she said in my case that is probably what caused it.  i will have another us in 2 weeks and if all is stable i can wait 4 months for another or just have it out.  my pain is alot like you describe..especially a few days before my period..it just burns in my lower back on that side and i find ovulation very painful on that side.
unless it has gotten bigger or worse i think i will just leave it.