Ovarian Cancer Community
is codine safe for the babey

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

is codine safe for the babey

my Dr gave me codine for my pain when i still breast feeding, he said it is safe, i have 9 month babey. i am worried i take it only once a day when it says every 6 hours as needed. i try to ignor the pain but at night before i go to bed i take one. i am realy suffering becuse i am worried for my son. is anyone has or had the same problem
Tags: Is, codine, safe
Have you checked with the pediatrician. S/he would have a better feel for what's safe for your baby and tell you what to look for.

Reading up a bit on this subject it seems there are the rare women who metabolize the medication very quickly. Most women don't know if they are like this or not. That makes a difference in how the medication is cleared from your body. Small amounts of codeine will filter into the breast milk and may have an effect on your baby. Your baby is older so it may not be a problem. The key is to take as low a dose as possible for as short a time as possible and keep an eye on how your child is reacting. Again, the pediatrician would be the best person to advise you.

tnku so much i will do that u write i should have ask my pedi