Ovarian Cancer Community
mass adjacent to ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

mass adjacent to ovary

Can someone please explain what this means in english? The uterus is retroverted and measures 7.6x 4.0x4.7 cm in length. The endometrium is normal, measuring 0.8 cm in length. There is a solitary 7 mm, hypoechoic intramural fibroid identified within the mid body anteriorly. The right ovary measures 3.0x 1.5x 2.6 cm. Within the right ovary is a 1.6x 1.6x 1.8 cm hypoechoic structure that contains low level internal echoes and some increased through-transmission. The left ovary measures 3.6x 2.2x2.1 cm and contains a bilobed 3.5x 1.9x 2.1 cm hypoechoic structure that also contains low level internal echoes. Adjacent to the ovary on the left is a 3.9x 2.7x 2.5 cm structure that is of mixed echogenicity. There is a small amount of uncomplicated free fluid. I am very worried
Hi there,
I don't know what any of that means, but RavenLady sure helped me interpret my ultrasound findings! Hopefully she'll be along shortly to tell you what it means. =)

Good luck with all that!

-Dess
It sounds like you have a fibroid and your uterus is normal sized  and tilts back. it sounds like your right ovary may have what could be retracted a clot. The other is bilobed or has two parts to it sounds like it may be semi-solid.  They are are also seeing something outside of the ovary that does not appear to them to be a part of the ovary.  They are not calling any of this cystic.  Have you ever been diagnosed with endometriosis? I cannot say what it is you have and neither can a gyn until a pathology is taken on it.  Look up teratoma on google and see if that gets you anywhere.  I would follow up with my gyn and probably consult a gyn/onc just for completeness.  Keep us posted!  
I hoped I have helped you a little .
Kristie