Ovarian Cancer Community
peritoneal deposit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

peritoneal deposit

Hi! My CA 125 further escalated to 134.4 (from 53.7) in a matter of 6 days.So my Dr. advised CT scan. What has showed up is a "centimeter peritoneal deposit at the level of splenic flexure with minimal ascites" - my dr appointment is tomorrow - I understand that means early recurrence. Any idea anyone? Love
I am sorry to read this.  Let's hope a different chemo will do the trick.  Hang in there, let's  hope the doctor has some postive news and we are reading it incorrectly....but, if not, we will help you though this recurrence.
Sending positive thoughts,
Pam
Good luck hun. I know how disheartening it is for the recurrences to happen, but hang in there. In my journal I have a cute little cancer game, if you want to go get some revenge...
So sorry to read your post.  If I understand your story, you have been free of chemo for about 18 months .. which would then allow you to have the same tx again.  Not a pleasant thought, but one I may be facing as well.  If I can have another 18 months free from heavy chemo, I'll take it.  I have had some weird stuff that turned out NOT to be cancer .. like a neucrotic mass near my pancreas/spleen.  It kept shrinking, and has since disappeared.  Now my CA is @ 60 and all that is showing is a small lymph node near my liver.  I am waiting and watching before heading into chemo.   Try to stay positive .. will pray for you ... Judy C
Hello..sorry to read your news....and it is possible you'll be back on chemo.  They could go back to the original chemo or they could opt for a second line of chemo,usually easier to tolerate.  I have had 2 recurrences so far,and with both I found them easy on me,with no hair loss or nausea.  The good thing is that it looks like it was caught early,so it should be very easy to treat.  Good luck...~~~Joanne
Thank you all - been to my surgeon, he has put me onto the chemo doc who I will be seeing tomorrow - so it does look like back to chemo - the same old or new, I'll know tomorrow.