Ovarian Cancer Community
pressure under the ribs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

pressure under the ribs

Hello!!!!!!!
             I have a question? Does cyst cause pressure? I have a total of 4 cyst 3 under 3cm and one over 8cm I am felling like there is somthing under my ribs on the side the larger one is on the only way to relife it is to strach upward with the top half of my body, its not real bad it just bugs me, I have a very high tollrance for pain so Im not feeling much pain it is just nagging at me.
Hi,I have that symptom too. Not all the time,kind of comed and goes.Some days I feel it and other days I don't. I think it is a symptom of the cyst(I have a 6cm one) as I have also heard others mention it. My theory is that if it is large enough it pushes on other organs and kind of causes a chain reaction so the pressure is felt under the ribs or elsewhere.
Mary
I went years with pressure under my ribs...and the doctor's never would do anything.  It would feel like I had a cement block lying on me.  It ended up being that my gall bladder was bad and needed taken out.  Not sure if that is the same thing you are all feeling.
My cyst was a 9cm dermoid.  It was kind of painful, but just really really uncomfy under my ribs.  I could tell my looking the 3 weeks before surgery that something was wrong because that side was swollen and it was just that one side.  The Dr had an tvus, pelvic us and abdominal us.  The only thing they oculd find was a funky looking spot by my ovary.  They then did a ct scan and found the dermoid.