Ovarian Cancer Community
what are the chances? complex ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hey im a newby here , my name is sarah im 19 not over weight and in OZ , ok so here is the thing , since i started my period i have been dealing with cysts and what not (im thinking PCOS but all blood work denied that .only symptoms multiple follicles and cysts) i always have normal usual cysts sometimes growing to the size of golf balls , i have had 2 surgerys to remove cysts , appendices and hernias on both sides removed , i have been getting REALLY odd unusual pain and when its a cyst i know it is but this felt diff , had an U/S that showed 2 SOLID complex cysts at 3.5cm each on my left and also my left ovary is 5 times bigger than my right , my right is 10mm and my left was 55ml , i have unicornuate uterus and dismenorea (severe & disabling period pain. ) my mum passed of cancer that started on her ovaries and in her uterus , my brother was also born with a tumour in his belly . what are the chances i will need surgery once again and what are the chances this will turn out bad for me
Kid, you need to get a referral to a gyn/oncologist.   Somebody needs to work with you to get to the bottom of your situation.
Your history should be enough to get your gynecologist to make a referral for you.  If not, get copies of your medical records and ask for an appt with a gyn/oncologist.
Don't give up until you have a gyn/oncologist at your side, and , don't let anyone else perform any surgical procedure on you.  Only deal with a gyn/oncologist.
The sooner you get on this the better.
Please do let us know how your situation is progressing.
Peace.
dian
thanks , for a reply , i did have 1 but she has just retired due to cancer .. i am seeing my normal gp 2day will let u know how it goes