what are the chances? complex ovarian cyst
Hey im a newby here , my name is sarah im 19 not over weight and in OZ , ok so here is the thing , since i started my period i have been dealing with cysts and what not (im thinking PCOS but all blood work denied that .only symptoms multiple follicles and cysts) i always have normal usual cysts sometimes growing to the size of golf balls , i have had 2 surgerys to remove cysts , appendices and hernias on both sides removed , i have been getting REALLY odd unusual pain and when its a cyst i know it is but this felt diff , had an U/S that showed 2 SOLID complex cysts at 3.5cm each on my left and also my left ovary is 5 times bigger than my right , my right is 10mm and my left was 55ml , i have unicornuate uterus and dismenorea (severe & disabling period pain. ) my mum passed of cancer that started on her ovaries and in her uterus , my brother was also born with a tumour in his belly . what are the chances i will need surgery once again and what are the chances this will turn out bad for me
Kid, you need to get a referral to a gyn/oncologist.   Somebody needs to work with you to get to the bottom of your situation.
Your history should be enough to get your gynecologist to make a referral for you.  If not, get copies of your medical records and ask for an appt with a gyn/oncologist.
Don't give up until you have a gyn/oncologist at your side, and , don't let anyone else perform any surgical procedure on you.  Only deal with a gyn/oncologist.
The sooner you get on this the better.
Please do let us know how your situation is progressing.
Peace.
dian
thanks , for a reply , i did have 1 but she has just retired due to cancer .. i am seeing my normal gp 2day will let u know how it goes