Ovarian Cysts Expert Forum
Irregular mens

Welcome to the Ovarian Cysts Forum. This is a place where you can ask your ovarian cyst questions and receive answers from highly trained physicians whose expertise is ovarian cysts. You will also find other members who share your interest in ovarian cysts.

Irregular mens

5 months ago, I consulted a doctor about the irregularities of my menstruation from the start. She required me to have an ultrasound of my reproductive system. After the operation, I found out I have polycystic ovaries and my endometric lining is only 0.5 cm, which caused menstrual problem. 2 months later I got married and at the moment I'm in trouble about getting pregnant. I think I can't do so. What am I suppose to do now?
Colline--i'm sorry you are having trouble getting pregnant.  Often women with irregular menses and pcos can have difficulties conceiving as they often don't ovulate very well.  To help improve your ovulation and chances for conceiving, then clomid can be very helpful for women with pcos.  Clomid is a 'fertility pill' that is taken by mouth during your period to help.  I would recommend that you see a gynecologist who can help with this, if you haven't already.  Sometimes women need even more to get pregnant and then they are referred to an infertility specialist.  Also, depending on a woman's age, sometimes doctors are more aggressive with women when they are 35 and over as it may take more time to get pregnant.  Good luck.  
Hi well I. Dnt kno much about it but I have PCOS(polycystic ovary syndrome) & I was actually diagnosed about 3 or 4 months ago but on (1'21'11) I had an ectopic were I had 2 get emergency sergery (surgery) & around 5 month later I asked for my sonograms were I seen the oary syct but neva consulted an obgyn about it bc I thougth it was fine.. now I have alott of somewa small ovary syct in both ovaries & a 5cm one somewere outside the left ovary.. now ever since then I've been haveing alott of pain & I'm actually thinking about heading 2 the ER bc of the pain & also been alott of constipated even tho I have an OBGYN apointment 2morrow but I cnt take bc I been upp since 2day 2am bc of the pain.. wat I ca really recomend is dat if u need get a 2nd advise from a different DR dnt stay wit ure questions have some1 answer them for u.. & if u need some1 u wanna tlk 2 u can actually tlk 2 me:-);-);-) god bless & gud luck <3
Oh my God! As what I thought, I really can't  be pregnant!
Thank you so much doc. Now I know and I'll try to follow what you requested me to do. How I wish I could have a child....To tell you, I really tried. So much thanks to you for answering my question!
I recently had a very light period that last about 5-6 days and day 3-5 were Sooo painful that I almost went to the ER as well. I had protected intercourse about a week before and my mensis are irregular as well. This was my first one in like 6-7 months. Is this a possible sign of pcos?
If you haven't had a regular period in 6-7 months, it could be a sign of pcos as women will often not get a period or only get one every so often.  Other signs of pcos can be enlarged ovaries with many follices and excess hair growth on your face/etc.  However, there can be other problems related to infrequent periods other than pcos and often the thryoid is checked, a prolactin level checked and a basic exam can help.  I would recommend you see a gynecologist for further help.