Parenting Children (6-12) Community
9 year old pooping in his pants alll the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

PLease help me ! I have a 9 year old that recently started pooping in his underwear, at home, school, whenever How can I stop this ?
Tags: pants
Is is just staining or a full poop? perhaps he isnt cleaning himself well, if it is a lot what is he upset about, do they give them potty breaks at school ,very often this is the problem teachers sometimes forget children have to be reminded to go...Have you asked him why he does it got his input on the problem. Has he had any new siblings or is there any older child in your family?
I have the same problem, but this is my stepson and I think this is going to ruin my relationship. I don't know what to do, since he's not my son I feel like I can't say too much. Is it wrong to spank him? His Dad used to do that until I told him to stop because I felt so bad but hes still doing that!!! We even take his games away and once we do that he starts to go to the restroom but once he has his games its back to the same thaing. He even has to wear diapers to school so that he doesn't have an accident and the kids won't pick on him but how long will this continue??? Last night while his father was cutting his hair he smelled him and asked him if he pooped and he said yes so he told him to go take a shower and took his games away and the first thing he asked was when he was going to get them back. I was so upset!!! Then as we were having dinner I smelled this bad odor and it was him, and he had just taken a shower, WTF!!!! I dont know what to do, we have taken him to doctos and then gave us some meds to give to him but they say its up to him, he needs to change and we tell him that but there is no change. Im afraid that he will be the cause of our divorce, hes too much for me.
Punishing this poor boy will only cause him self-esteem problems.  My grandson has encopresis and it is something he can not help.  As parents we should do whatever it takes to be a positive force.  You should take him to the Dr. and ask them to check him for this.  I hope that as you age nothing happens to you that will cause your body functions to change, because you know what they say about Karma!!