Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Child behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Child behavior

My son is 6 years old. Oflate he has mentioned me that he feels like smelling girls legs. Especially if they are bare. Is this normal for sucha a young child to feel this way??Pls help
It is possible for a kid to have pre-sexual feelings that would doubtless be sexual if he had gone through puberty.  Some guys on the site write about masturbating quite early.  

The issue for me as his mom would be whether this is something that will ultimately lead to a fetish, or just him getting a somewhat early charge from being rather near a girl's private parts with his nose.  He's at an age where he is switching over from a baby's comfort in his mom's body, skin and smells, and moving forward to a man's appreciation of a woman as someone sexually desirable, and you want the transition to be as smooth as possible.  I don't know where fetishes come from, but am pretty sure they take some kind of repression or arrested development at some stage, in order for them to develop.  Toward the end of trying to help him make a normal transition, I'd just watch and hear what he says and not be judgmental or shocked, and see how things develop.  He might grow right through all of this, or he might always be a leg man, or he might become more fetishistic about feet and legs.  Try to be sure nothing has happened to him that is inappropriate, and then to just let it be for a while.
Thanx Annie!
I think you are right. As a mother I should just give him some time and watch how the things are going .....may be he will come out of it by his own. I am trying to divert his energy into something more creative.....hope it helps!!