Parenting Children (6-12) Community
Sons penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Sons penis

My 11 year old son always plays with his penis .I have checked it and it seems fine only two things worry me sometimes in the shower his penis gets bigger. The size also worries me . It is 2 inches . Is it to big or to small ?
Tags: penis, son, old, size
All sounds normal to me.
I think your spending too much time worrying about this. All boys play with it. My son is 3 and his gets big probably 2 times a day that I witness. He is happy with it and thats all that matters.
    I was a 5th grade teacher for 16 years.  In that time, I can't count the number of boys who seemed to constantly be rubbing their penis one way or another throughout the day.
    One boy I do remember, did it so much that all of his jeans had a definite wear mark next to the fly.  He would stand in front of you rubbing his penis through his jeans - all year long.  Everyone just got used to it, and accepted it.
    By the way, he grew up completely normally, and now is married with two children.
    Stop worrying about your kids penis as long as his doctor says all is well.
One more thought;  at 11, you young man doesn't need his mom seeing him naked in the shower.  Time to let go - his penis belongs to him, and yes, penis' are supposed to get bigger, and almost always do when in a hot shower.
   Hate to break this to you, but in 2 more years, it's going to be getting a lot bigger.
Seriously?
What do you mean you check it out? OMG, he's like 11 and you " checked him out!"
You have no idea what boundaries are do you, I hate being mean, but what if it was a Dad checking out his daughters vagina because it itched or something!!! What;s even worse no one on this  blog called her out.
What is up with that?
I agree with the above poster. Mom your lil boy is 11 and you don't need to check on his private areas anymore he can do that on his own. Also with him being 11 you have no reason to be with him when he is taking a shower. He needs private time too.

I stopped bathing my lil boy and he is 8 when his mom said he had an issue down there his dad told him how to handle it and made him to do it himself. He is 8 and can handle his own private issues. By the way you might want to give home time alone also becuase boys that age like to play with themselves. Teach him that only in his private time is that ok. Not in public.

I hope you don't think I am harsh but your boy needs to be allowed to grow up. You can't continue this behavior. No one would be ok with an 11 yr old girl being bathed or checked by daddy.
Another old post about a child's nakedness being pulled up. This is from 2010.  All opinions are valid here and I think a parent's concern for a child's well being is valid.  That's why we are the parents.   good luck to all
I'm a nurse so saw many men's and boy's penises.
Some adult have only less than 10 cm (4 inches) erect ones, some have big ones, the most imoportant is to be:
1° able to have erections and also, (never deny that) pleasure with own penis.
2°) able to please women and with an average vaginal depth of 10 to 11 cm from introitus to the cervix, a 4 or 5 inches penis is enough for almost 90% of "normal" women's satisfaction, the rzst owed to the pryscology only !
And a good stiff hard erect pe'nis even short is much better that a large but weak one!.
And, if not excessive, all boys do like play with their stiff hard penis and never would be considered guilty to do !
masturbation for both boys and girls must be, if not in excess considered as fully normal, just try to separate self pleasure with exhibitionism, masturbation is a full p)rivate activity, never must be a show !
You had a general concern built out of fear that manifested into a constant worrisome problem that probably haunted you some or most of your nights. I'm not sure if you're a single mother, but things like this is a touchy subject. Your son is more than less exploring his sexuality. He has probably seen things on TV that has warrant his curiosity towards his own capabilities as a young man. My son's father lost his virginity at 12 years old. My female best friend lost hers at 13 years old. If anything you should have his father sit down and talk with him about the birds and the bees and many different ways he could get stung if he doesn't protect his self properly. One of these days your son is going to leave the nest and you will have to loosen up on the ropes a little. It would be better if you were to start now, rather than waiting until he's walking down the aisle with his future wife. Good Luck to you and always post what's on your mind. You don't every want to be in the dark with your own fears eating away at you to point of self destruction.