Parenting Children (6-12) Community
concerned
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

concerned

my ex wife has accused me of borderline incest because i take showers with my 5 year old son. i personally don't think their is anything wrong with having a shower or a bath with him.
any answers.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
There is nothing wrong with having a shower or bath with your 5-year-old if you know you're not doing it for prurient reasons, but there is a problem with doing it if you know your ex-wife is gunning for you and wants any pretext she can find to get you into trouble.  To keep from having to go to court with your ex, it is no sacrifice to stop taking a bath or shower with your son.
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi.  Well, your ex sounds dangerous and I'd take that seriously.  I'd go ahead and stop showering with your boy because of that.  I know at 5 I would stand outside the shower and help with shampooing and rinsing by reaching in so you could do that if you feel he needs help.  It just isn't worth your ex causing a major issue for you.

I will tell you that when we go to the gym, my husband showers with both my boys . . . along with whomever else is showering as in the men's locker room there is only one big shower (glad I'm female).  

Anyway, I am sure there is a convenience factor in showering with  your son but it isn't worth the hastle of her accusations.  good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Children (6-12) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...