daughter 8, kissing a girl
My daughter's best friend's mom told me today that the girls were kissing during their last sleep over at her house, but she didn't think it was a big deal. Our daughter is 7 and hers is just eight. I was leaning toward thinking the kisses were pretty innocent. However, I asked our daughter if she kissed the other girl and at first she told me "no".  I know this isn't true.  Later she told me she just couldn't remember it happening.  Why would she hide it?  This concerns me most of all.  Should we have a talk with both girls and both parents?  I don't want to put the girls on the spot.  I just don't want either child being manipulated.
I would especially love a recommendation for a book kids can read themselves or with guidance about touch and appropriate behaviors.  Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

I talked to my daughter (who is the same age) about appropriate touching and she is open about things.  However, when I was a girl--my mother was not open about these types of conversations so I feared her and I feared everyone finding out (teachers, aunts, other parents) if I told her the truth.

I kissed a girl when I was about that age--we were practicing for when we would grow up--for our imaginary husbands.

I have never kissed a girl since and have never had the inclination--I think of it as silly now.  

My mother made a big deal out of it--and I thought something was nasty about it for many years--until as an adult I realized that I was just a little girl kissing another little girl--like in a fairy tale--how the prince and princess kiss for happily ever after.

My daughter and I talk--and I make sure that she understands that some things are just between us.  I think it might be the fear that you will have a meeting or that she will get into trouble that keeps her from telling you the truth.

It is probably just innocent.
Could it have been part of a truth or dare? and she didn't want to tell you what the question was that she took the dare instead of answering?  

That popped in my head cause I overhead my "girls"  (only have 1 child -daughter- but she has a group of friends) playing it the other night
It is so very normal for kids to do a little experimentation. Just thank your lucky stars it is only with kissing another girl.

Do a GOOGLE search with these words "girls kissing experimentation" you will have more leads to information than you will be able to read before she is 21.

Have a great Christmas
Snooper35
I am having this same problem my daughter is 7 yet this is like the 3rd incident she has had with 3 different girls her age in the last three years. Each time I told her it is wrong. I was starting to believe she may be thinking she is a lesbian at this age they already know from what I know. Not only does she kiss but she is touching them in other places. I experienced this when I was younger yet I WASN'T 5, 6, OR 7!