Parenting Children (6-12) Community
stomach pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.

stomach pain

Hi there
I have a 6 year old daughter who is always complaining about stomach pain, We have just moved to New Zealand and she was very happy and excited about the whole move , she has started a new school and is loving it, I have only recently noticed that she is not eating her lunch or drinking much, only water and eats strange things like pretzels and chips but no sandwitches and when i ask her she keeps telling me that she has terrible stomach pain ! and sometimes rolls over with the pain and when i took her to the doctor he said that she is suffering from constipation and gave me some fibre sprinkle to put on her food but clearly that is not helping. Could you tell me what i should do as i worry about her so much.she was a lactose Intollerant baby as well and she gets Eczema.
have a rast blood test done she could be allergic to foods its a simple test. my son had lots of food allergies and would break out like eczema. or it could be acid reflux. my daughter would bend over and complain of her stomach hurting and we found out it was acid reflux. hope this helps.
Is she on any meds for her Eczema? Or any meds at all? If so I would start researching those aswell. What about trying a gluten free diet? If she wont eat bread because it gives her a tummy ache there could be something to that. Pretzels would have gluten too but maybe they take longer to absorb then bread so it's not noticed right away. Either way I would push back at your Dr. or find a new one who is more willing to listen.