Parenting: For Fathers Community
9 yr. Old misses mom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to activities and sports, balancing schedules, divorced or separated fathers, discipline and behavior, home-schooling, military fathers, legal issues, new fathers, religious issues, special needs fathers, stay-at-home dads, and stepfathers.

9 yr. Old misses mom

My ex-wife and I have been amivably divorced since my daughter was 1. My girlfriend & I have been living together since she can remember & they have a very loving relationship with one another. We have been planning a cross country road trip to see many different cities and attractions along the way. We have been talking about it & planning things to do all summer. We leave at the end of this week and she suddenly shocked us when she broke down in sobs this weekend at the thought of leaving her mother for 12 days. We believe that we need to make her go to push her past her comfort zone and she says she really does want to go. I need to know what to say and do for her if she starts this uncontrollable sobbing while we are on the road. She already knows she can call her Mom anytime she wants within reason."
This will be hard for her because shes used to being with her mum all the time, when i had my second child my other son was four, well things went wrong in labour so i was stuck in hospital for 5 days hes never spent a night without me and he cried for me all the time, have her mum have a word with her, you dont really want to take her if shes unsure,
Get her Mom involved and find out why all of a sudden she doesnt want to leave her mom, something maybe upsetting her, have there been any new relationshipds in her moms life, change of home, school .If she still does'nt want to leave her Mom I dont think its a good idea to push her .good luck