Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
15 month old and a new born.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

15 month old and a new born.....

Hi my names Debra I'm 18 I have a 15month old son and a daughter who is going to come any day is there anything I can do to get my son ready for this big change? He's not used to other kids let alone baby's and my fiance is in jail untill he posts bond so I'm in this alone and I'm scared.... any advice??
I have two kids myself, a 3yr old and 2yr old. The best advice is to share the attention, or the other one will get jealous and upset. My older child actually was very interested in the newborn (when she's was a newborn) and wanted to help with her, got her bottles, toys, etc when see cried. So try letting your older child help, patience is key.