Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
2 year old diarrea(diarrhea) with no fever
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 year old diarrea(diarrhea) with no fever

For the past 7 days, my 2 year old has had diarrea (diarrhea). Everything he eats, it goes right through him. He was vomiting too, along with the diarrea (diarrhea) but then he would immediately eat after he would vomit. Four days went by without him vomiting, (but still he has diarrea (diarrhea)) he vomited. I took him to see a CNP pediatrics, and she didn't what was wrong. She put him on "PREVACID" but yet the food still goes through him . He hasn't had a fever at all. What is wrong with him and what can I do to help him? He complains about his stomach everyday. I feel helpless.
Related Discussions
I would ask for a referral to a gastroenterologist.  I've been dealing with similar stuff with my two boys.  This could be something simple like lactose intolerance or a food allergy.  Both of my boys are lactose intolerant.  It could also be something like chronic pancreatitis, Crohn's, celiac, or cystic fibrosis.

My four year old just had an EGD/colonoscopy with a pancreatic stimulus test done.  He also had a sweat test done.  We are pretty sure he doesn't have cystic fibrosis.  The EGD/colo showed that he has gastritis and duodenitis.  We are tying a medication but it doesn't seem to be helping much.  We see the doctor again next week.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...