Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3 year old refusing to do a BM on the potty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My almost three year old is making great progress with urine potty training but we are having a huge challenge with BM's and I am at a complete loss.

We started the potty training process over 8 months ago and he is willing to use the potty to urinate but will not have a BM on the potty.  He is not constipated because I regularly give him Miralax per a suggestion from his Pedi. His problem is that he will start to have a BM in his underpants and when I bring him to the potty to finish he stops going. This has become an all day process because an hour later I will catch him trying to go in his underpants again...back to the potty we go and again, he will not finish. He is getting diaper rash from the constant stopping and going because I have to clean his bottom so much which is leaving a negative impact on him (he is scared for me to wipe his bottom)

I have tried high fiber diet, the Miralax,incentives (i.e. treats, toys etc), talking to him about using the potty , keeping him relaxed while he sits on the potty, putting him back in diapers just for BM's,distracting him with books/ toys....all to no avail.  I have taken him to his Pediatrician several times and was basically told that this is a common problem and to keep doing what I'm doing. When we started the potty process I understood that the BM portion of training may be a challenge but I think we are beyond the "norm" here and am really desperate for some insight.
I have a 6 yr old son who keeps holding his BM because he doesn't want to stop what he is doing. I have tried Stickers, Candy, Taking him some where, Taking things away, Grounding, Taking him to the doctor and the doctor gave him Miralax and it worked for a while but he has started again with the holding his BM and I'm at a loss right now what do I do.I have tried it all and I don't know what to do PLEASE HELP what do I do
i have a daughter who is almost 3 and i started potty training her when she was 22 months old she pees just fine in the toilet but when it comes to having a BM she will hold it in for like 4 days at a time she is getting enough fiber and i make sure that she eats all of her food so she actually has something to poop out but she will go anywhere else to poop and she goes and sits in the laundry room or in a corner to poop and then she screams or cries because it hurts her to go i have tried telling her i would buy something for her if she pooped in the potty or we would take her to the park and play i just wish this nightmare would go away oh she also gets 3 tsp of liquid colace a day to help keep it soft and it is so soft but she just keeps holding it in i dont know how she does it so now i have her back in pull ups just so she can have a BM but it also did not help that her daddy is always yelling at her to go poop on the potty so right now i am letting her go any where that she wants untill she is not afraid of using the potty anymore now she is complaning that the inside of her butt is hurting her and she wont let me see because she says it hurts her she has a rash on the outside of her but but i have put medicine on there for her she wakes up in the night complaning about her butt hurting her so i am at a crossroads here i dont know what is wrong with her  i need HELP!!!