Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
4yr old with severe cough & 101 fever
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4yr old with severe cough & 101 fever

What should i do? She has had a severe cough & runny nose for 2days now and now she has a fever of 101. I dont want to take her to the hospital if theyre not gonna do anything. Ive already given her cold medicine
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
5914096_tn?1399922587
I would assume that the hospital ER would help reduce your daughter's fever which is pretty high as well as get to the root of the fever.  Why do you feel that the hospital won't do anything?
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Actually, the pediatrician told me not to try to bring down a fever unless it was coming up to 104.  Fevers are designed by the body to cook out the virus or bacteria by making the body just a little too hot to support the intruder, but not hot enough to harm the host.  

How severe of a cough is a severe cough?  Like, whooping cough?  croup?  brochitis?  And what color is the snot?  I think you can actually get online and find medical sites that have tapes of whooping cough and croup, and there is something about the color of the snot that is indicative of a secondary infection versus another color just means plain old cold.  If you are pretty convinced it is just a plain old cold and another day or two will make it better, you might just try Vick's Vap-o-Rub and a humidifier in your daughter's room.
Blank
7732297_tn?1397450437
Thank you ladies. Yeah i got her some childs mussinex(spellcheck) and vicks babyrub:) she is allbetter now. I took her to the e.r and they did nothing said to keep her hydrated and give her cough meds & tylenol,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...