Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Holding Pee and Poo
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Holding Pee and Poo

Help!! My daughter will be 3 in March and we have been working on potty training for two weeks. She loves being in her big girl panties and knows that she needs to go in the potty but will hold her pee and poo in. There have been several days were she will only go pee once. She has not wet during the night for over two months and does not wet during nap. Most days at day care she will go pee in the potty once or twice but will not go at home. She will hold it in until she goes back to daycare. When we are at home and put her on the potty she will just tell us that shes dones not have to go and when we make her sit there and try she just gets mad and cries and screams.  We have both a little potty and a seat that goes on the big potty. We have even put her hand in water while sitting on the potty to get her to go but she just sits there and screams. As far as going poo, she has not gone in the potty at all and will hold it for 3-4 days before going in her pants. We have tried giving her stickers and toys that I know she wants. When she does go she gets really excited and we celebrate. I am worried that she will get sick from holding it in so much. My doctor suggested putting Miralax in her juice once a day so her poo will be softer and not hurt to come out. She complains that her stomach hurts and we tell her that it is because she needs to go potty but will not go.  She feels better after she finally does go. We are just getting really frustrated and wondering if anyone else has any suggestions of what has worked for them.