Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
How do i tell if my 15 month old is being molested

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

I dont know what to do, I have a feeling that somthing is happening with her, but im not sure. I have not been able to find out anything. Some of the signs of my daughters actions are: Not eating, Screaming when me and my grandmother change her diper, Wanting to touch herself down there. These are just a few things that me and my grandmother have noticed sence she has started having visitations with her father. She is away from me for 4 hours, in his home. What do I look for, What can I expect?
If you are very concerned firstly ask your Doctor to examine her for the signs of abuse, immediatly ,do not let her go again until you have seen him.It may not be him so who else is she seeing there, are there any older siblings?Baby sitters , ask him in this regard and if you have this strong feeling about it , perhaps till you have cleared the matter up keep her with you. The Behavior you describe is worrysome, also check out any other people around in your home she is alone with.
Maybe she is just sore down below. My daughter once had a yeast infection which made her cranky, not eat, scream with nappy change as it would be sore and touch herself as it would be itchy. At 15 months old a child would not understand that abuse is wrong so it wouldnt make her react like that unless he really hurt her in the process in which you would have noticed that.
I agree with Lisa, my daughter was the same way , when she had a yeast infection and when my other daughte had a diaper rash. Bath her in baking soda , no bubble bath, it works everytime. she is very young and i dont think if her father hurt her that way you would know.
Go by your own gut feelings on the Issue as you said in your Post you had a feeling something was wrong,check out you will be glad either way you did.
Pay attention to her actions, does she only do these things right after her visits with the father, or does she do them all of the time?  If you have a feeling something is wrong, then check into it.  Sometimes moms just know things.  Good luck, hopefully everything is okay.
it is very sad that you think something is wrong, but i do think that there are a few possabilites for these actions. maybe she does have a infection, but it is better to be safe then sorry.. if i were you, i would be taking her to a doctor, ( before her next visit with her dad ) and ask the doctor to cheak her over, the doctors are very gentle and caring, and they will know if she has been touched. the thing is mamma, you need to do this before pointing the finger at the dad, if it is a infection, then you wouldnt want to take your daughter away from her father, but if he is doing anything wrong to her, then you will know and you can protect her... your daughter always comes first...
She probably has a bladder infection. When my daughter was almost 2 she had the same reaction, and it scared me to dead. She woke up at 4am one day and she was holding her privates telling me that it would hurt, I got worried but I noticed she had a wet diaper, and she would complaint every time she would pee, I took her to the doctor and it was that she had a bladder infection. So hopefully the doctor can tell you was wrong with her, but I really don't think she is been molested.
I am "assuming" you suspect that her father is the cause of her problem since you didn't involve him in your  concerns to him. Is it possible to talk to him about this? I not saying to accuse him of anything, but maybe you could find out is he has noticed anything unusual. Maybe he is leaving her with someone else like a girlfriend, relative, friend, babysitter, or child care place somewhere like at the gym.  Maybe he is using a different diaper cream, diaper brand, laundry detergent, etc...or not changing her diaper often enough so that could be causing some irritation. I don't know your relation ship with the father, but I am usually the first person to say trust your instincts when you feel your child is having a problem. Regardless of you relationship with him I am "assuming" he loves his daughter and is at least spending time with her. Does he have a history of abuse in his family or did you notice something in his behavior to suspect abuse?
Go to the doctor, we can give advise but ultimately your daughter needs to be seen by a doctor.
Look. . I was in a relationship with a person for a little over a year. I had known him for close to 8 years before that. I started seeing signs from my children one was 2 the other was 5. The younger of the two had sever mood swings, stopped potty training, chronic night mares, refused to be changed est. the older of the two became clingy started bed wetting and became extremely reserved when he had been extremely outgoing. Bottom line is I watched very closely and when my boyfriend was showing odd behavior I left. Nothing is more important than my children’s safety. Mind you, I had just had our daughter and when I left she was only a month old. So now I sit as a single mother of 3 and have no regrets. My children have much improved and have told me about what had happened to them. Keep her safe. If your gut is telling you something is wrong and you have a feeling it is that, then there has to be a reason you have those thoughts. Also watch for signs of "grooming" that is what they call the process that a ********* takes to desensitize a child. Look it up online. You may be surprised. If you are waiting for proof then it will be too late. BTW he has not been prosecuted. He has since taken me to court for custody rights of my daughter and I have been forced to allow him to see her unsupervised for about a month and a half. I had hoped that because my other two children were boys he would not have a sexual interest in her. I fear I was wrong. My daughter came back from a visit with him a few days ago and was having some bleeding. I took her in to be examined and now social services have stepped in. He has not been allowed his visits until they have processed the evidence and talked to him. Just some words of a friend, no one will ever blame you for protecting your child and no matter how uncomfortable it may be or how rocky the road may turn, you will never regret making sure your daughter has not been sexually abused.
It could be infectins etc. Bit ultimatly u r ur mother u know what's best if ur having this strong of feelings n suspicons take prpoer percautions u can never b to safe when it comex to ur child take her to a dr. N they can tell u n if u still have suspicion go back to court n either get visitation restricted or at least supervised while she there