Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Lost Dreams

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Lost Dreams

I am a 27 yr old single mom of 3. I put my dreams of going to art school on the back burners after having my first child at 18 whi was disabled. Later I put my schooling off for my husband to go to school. Later I had my 2nd child and started working in a bank. I made pretty good money. After getting a promotion I found out that I was pregnant again, and that my husband was having an Affair with a relative of mine. After having my last child we got a divorce, he formed and addictions problem and has not helped with the children. I felt like I was tired of putting my dreams off and I quit my job and went back to school not for act but for counseling. Ive found that I've missed out on so much by starting my family so young. At times I even.feel upset at my kids because of it. I know that its not my kids fault life pasted me by, its my own. I also feel as if me going to school and trying to have a social life is taking away from my kids so how do I balance bout and shake the feelings of my kids holding me back, or should I just stop and go back to work and take care of my kids.
Just because u have dreams don't mean u can't take are of ur kids. Going to school in the long run will benafits them. I some time feel the same way. Like I missed out be a young adult . U know all the stuff like partying and that thing. Am a stay at home mom and don't get out much. So I sometime get down. But at the end of the day when I put my girls to bed and my girls tell me how much they love me. Or my youngest tells me am her best friend it makes it all worth it. Hang in there momma your doing ur  best don't forget that