Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My 3 year old runs the house and I don't know what to do

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

As of recently I realized my daughter is completely out of control. And it has a lot to do with my parenting. I am one of those annoying parents who eventually give in to my daughters pleAding and screaming for literally 30 minutes. It has gotten impossible to actually enjoy my time with her because when I say no she will throw a tantrum until I give her what she wants. That could be 20 minutes that could be an hour. I try to hold my ground but she is very persistent and it is affecting our relationship because I find myself always yelling and she is always getting her way. This of course started happening in the terrible twos but it gets worse everyday. I'm a single mom and I try to be more disciplinary but when I am working my mother watches her and of course is less disciplinary than I am. She is always giving her what she wants. I am at my breaking point. I just don't know what to do. Today Bailee was scheduled to have a play date with a close friend of mines kids. I told her she needed to take a small nap ( which she has also seemed to weasel out of her regular schedule since her learning how to crawl out of the crib). She of course threw a 30 minute long tantrum screaming bloody murder. She would not lay down. She kicked the wall. She kicked me. Time outs don't work at all either. So it is really like there's nothing I can do. I would love for super nanny to fly down and help me. I am not exaggerating when I say my daughter is totally in charge of everyone. My mom, my moms boyfriend, my brother, me. No one can control her. PLEASE HELP!