Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
My five year old son

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My five year old son

My 5 year old son talks about his private parts the whole day. We sometimes get irritated by it and then fight with him. He seems to know where to put his penis as he was playing with a doll from his 12 year old sister. He knew axactely where the penis must enter to the vigina (vagina) because i cought him doing it. Is it normal or should we investigate further. We think to take him to a psycologist whom we know well if theres a problem. Any help or advise.
It is normal for kids at this age and even younger to be curious about their bodies. I do think that it is too early for him to know the in's and out's of sex at his age. Try talking to him instead of fighting with him, and ask him where he learned this information from. Also explain to him that there is a time and a place to talk about these kind of things. If this doesn't work then definitely take him to a child therapist that can help you further. Good luck!