Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Potty Training my 4 1/2 yr old daughter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Potty Training my 4 1/2 yr old daughter

I am very conflicted I just took my dd to her dr cause I've been trying once again to train her but she is with holding for 12 hours and then if we put the pull-up on her she will go. She goes to school & they sit her on the potty she won't go.
My dr said get her back in her pull-up's ASAP before I hurt her mentally. I don't know the right thing to do. I feel like if she is in pull-up's 24/7 it gives her permission to be a "baby".

Help please
I know how you feel.  I have a 4 1/2 year old boy and he is constantly going pee in his pants.  It is so frustrating for us mom's when we see that every one else has there kids potty trained and we can't seem to get ours.  We make potty time fun and it has helped with my son.  We read stories play silly games and pretty much do whatever he wants to do while having potty time.  I know it sounds like a lot but it has helped him to not think of potty time as something no fun.  I still have to take him all the time though or he will just go in his pants.  I don't know what to tell you about the holding it my son just goes whether he is in pullups or not.  My doctor also told me to put him back in pullups but I didn't because he is dry some days and I don't want to go backwards.  I understand your frustration and I wish you luck.  Hang in there and keep  trying, hopefully it will get easier.

Kaylee55
Thanks. I have tried everything out there. I will just keep trying.

Good luck to you too