Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Potty training and wiping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Potty training and wiping

Hello! Our daughter is in the midst of potty training. What is the proper way of teaching her to wipe herself? Ater peeing she wipes from the front. I've heard that after pooping she should wipe front to back to avoid infections. I've also heard that isn't true.

I don't think she can reach behind very well so wiping from the front is easier for her.  What have you all heard?
She needs to be taught to always wipe from front to back, and after a BM she needs to wipe up (away from her Vagina). This keeps bacteria from entering her vagina and causing infections.