Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
What to do for my 2 1/2 year olds canker sores?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What to do for my 2 1/2 year olds canker sores?

My 2 1/2 year old daughter has really bad canker sores in her mouth. I realized they where there today but I'm sure she's had them for like 2 days because she has been very cranky. She has 3 under her tounge! She wont eat anything, she wont hardly drink anything for 2 days, and she just keeps saying that her tounge hurts. She seems really upset about it so I know they hurt but I dont know what to do. Does anyone have any help for me on this? any tips or remedies or anything! I just hate to see her hurt.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
There are OTC meds for canker sores, but as she is so young I would ask the doctor to take a look, has she got any teeth coming through at this time , could be causing some pressure on her gums . Make sure she is getting liquids as its the hot weather , and you dont want her getting dehydrated maybe some popsickles will help soothe her mouth ..Good luck
Blank
552389_tn?1280549808
I get these pretty bad also.  One thing that helps is lysine.  It is an amino acid that you can buy most places.  You can give it to her in just a little bit of liquid.  It really cures them quickly.
Blank
1150700_tn?1288119208
Had this trouble when my son was 2 1/2 also. Doctor told me to let him swish and spit Mylanta or Maalox in the bathroom sink. He actually didn't even want to eat because the sores hurt. My boy thought it was fun to spit in the sink. Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...