disturbing habit
My son is almost five years old. He has this annoying habit of singing and humming made up songs and tunes. He does it when he is playing with other kids and even when he is reading a book. He started reading at the age of 3 and he can do simple addition and subtraction. In preschool though, he would not participate. He would sing and dance and taps on the table while doing school work. Some kids would not want to play with him. It breaks my heart to see him at the playground all alone doing his sing and dance routine. Sometimes I would feel so frustrated and I would urge him to stop but he just wouldnt. Is there something wrong with him.? He is a very bright and loving kid. I want to help him. What should I do.
Does he have any other quirks?  

My son has sensory integration disorder which is a processing/nervous system issue.  Some kids with sensory develop compensation methods and humming is one of them.  Movement is another.  Both can work to wake up the system or to calm it.  

My son had a rough time in preschool and also did not participate and had social issues with peers.  He's smart as well.  

So, I'm wondering about sensory for your boy and that is why I ask about any other quirks.