Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
innapropriate sexual behavior
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

innapropriate sexual behavior

I was watching a friends 2 children for a couple hours today.  I have boy/girl twins that will be 3 next week.  My son and her son (almost 5) were upstairs playing, when things got really quiet I went up to check on them.  I found the two boys in my sons closet, and my son had his pants down and had an erection.  Her son was fully dressed.  My son immediatley claimed the older boy had been kissing his butt and his penis.  I am a little distraught over this.  I am not sure what I should have done, but I immediatley explained to them both it is not okay to touch anyone elses private area.  I directly told her son it is not okay to touch others.  I called his mother and had her come get them immediately.  What would cause such young children such innapropriate behaviors?