Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
my 27 months olds behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

my 27 months olds behavior

My 27 month old has bren acting out more and more everyday. we are running out of plays to punish him. we have given time outs, we have taken away the majority of his toys and the littke smack on the hand. whatever wr do he just laughs about it and then goes back to getting in trouble. he throws his toys at us or the television. he will hit u or bite u and he will scream at u. we have to get rid of our one dog because he would bully her. He will corner her and try ti choke her and shows alot of abuse towards her. we dont know why he is acting likr this and we running out of suggestions for this. wr are concerned about this but everyone tekls us its the terrible twos
I would not get rid of the dog because of his behaviour, this is very unfair to the dog.  My son is 26 months old, he was taught to respect our 4 cats, he knows not to pull on their tails and never does it. No spanking, just raising our voice and redirecting his hands taught him to be nice to pets.

I would suggest you get a big indoor play-yard (those with 8 sides or more). Put him in there when he acts up. He will quickly understand that bad behaviour is followed by alone time in the play-yard.

You may also want to discuss his behaviour with your pediatrician.