Aa
A
A
Close
poops only at night
my 3 1/2 year old son, only poops at night in his diaper.  he will go pee during the day. I have tried stickers, you can go to zoo, chuck e cheese, candy- anything to motivate him to go poop in the potty.  none of it works, he will say, I will go pee for candy, no poop.  please help
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
Ugh.  I had one of these too.  Okay, get out the juice.  Start in the morning and give him juice so he is sure to have a bowel movement and be ready by early evening.  Then you put him on the potty to poop and if he does not, put him in underwear for bed time.  I know----------  this is asking for trouble.  But your only other option is to just let him poop in that diaper until he is darn good and ready.  I really just kept putting my boy on the potty before bed telling him he had to poop.  Praise him like a maniac.  You can have him try to earn a bigger toy with a chart for when he poops on the potty or you can say you can't go to X (the amusement park or whatever he is in to) unless you start to  poop on the potty.  

Have no fear-------  he'll get it.  I will tell you that I have two boys---------  one potty trained over a period of time when he turned 3.  One didn't even try to be potty trained no matter what I did until he was 4 and then he did it literally in one day.  So don't worry.  It will happen.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
thanks, i will try that and see how it goes. it just get so frustrating, i want him to hurry up and get fully potty trained
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources